Thursday, December 20, 2007

Made it to Illinois

Well we finally made it to Illinois. We have been here 10 days and have experienced a freezing rain storm, 6 inch snow storm and freezing fog. I never new how uncomfortable cold feet can be. Just like some people cannot cool down in the summers of Arizona, I have trouble getting my extremities warm in the Winter here in Illinois.

Here are some pictures of my truck when it arrived in Illinois after the truck driver had driven through an Ice Storm.

It has been an adjustment getting used to the weather difference between AZ and IL. However the Eames family is making due.

We have made some new friends at work and at Church. Our neighbors have been very friendly also. We have had 3 invitations to parties and one neighbor brought over some homemade brownies that were delicioso (Spanish spelling? - Quoted by Jessica from Dora the Explorer).


The kids have been getting into the winters scene with very little problems. I will have to convert a small video clip Jake took of the boys "Snowboarding" in our front yard with his phone. I will attach it next time. Every chance they get they are out in the snow. Luckily, no one has gotten hurt yet.


The kids also started school this week after a 7 day break. From what I hear, they have caused quite a stir at Prairie Hill (K - 8th) on the day the arrived. David has already started drafting children in Kindergarten into the "I Love David Fan Club". Jake, Mariah, and Jared are all trying to stay under the radar but are still known as the "New Kids".

Our new town is in the Farm Country. We are surrounded by corn fields and dairy farms. We have a two lane road with overhanging trees that we drive down to get to our new home.

Speaking of the home Jonnie is loving something newer, bigger and more up to date. I like that it is still affordable and we are not house poor. I am sure that once Jonnie has gotten the home looking good I will be allowed to post some pictures. Well, enough for now. We miss and love all of our friends and family. Keep in touch.

Love the Eames Family








5 comments:

Sonja said...

Hey! I am glad you finally got started with your blog. We miss you guys and you will see that you are now on my "friends and family" list on my blog!! Can't wait to hear more!

Sean said...

Wow! One of the other Eames boys is breaking out into the wild blue yonder!!! Sorry, it is the USAF in me!!

Sonja said...

Ok Denney, you can't just make me all happy by blogging and then disappear! Time to put up some Christmas Pictures!
Tauni and Eric drove in yesterday for the new years festivities. You and your family will be missed!

Summers Family said...

So amazed that an Eames boy has left AZ! Congrats on the new job and the new adventure. Be sure to stop by is you ever drive back to AZ and go through Denver. Also, the Summers family is entering the blogging business- check out our first attempt at www.summers585.blogspot.com Love to all- carol

Raina said...

Ok Denney,
I am blogging now too. Great pictures! I can't wait to hear from you again and see more pictures!
Raina