Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Angels at -18 Deg F

Well, we have been in Illinois for a year now. I am starting to adjust. The rest of the family is adjusted and they all claim they like it better in IL.

Not me, I miss the AZ sunshine and heat. This cold sucks. My hands and feet are cold all of the time. I actually have a heater under my desk to keep my feet warm.

Here is a picture of the Wal-Mart parking lot on Christmas eve. Jared and I were doing some last minute shopping. As you can see, the snow is piled higher than the car.

The only advantage to snow is sledding and brodies. I think that my wife questions my age everytime she drives with me. If I see a patch of snow I have to spin a brodie (donut or whatever you call it). It is the only enjoyment I get out of living in the snow. One day while Jonnie was in the store getting some butter, I spun over 100 brodies before she came out. Mariah, Jessica and I were all dizzy.



Here are some neighbor kids playing out on the lake near our home.



We had Dale, Raina, Sean and Sonja come visit last weekend, along with their 5 childern (2+3). We had 6 adults and 10 kids in the house. We all went a little stir crazy because it was -18 F outside. Here is a video of Dale, David and Jared doing some snow angles.

1 comment:

Raina said...

Oh so awesome! Everytime I see that video I just laugh my head off! Thanks for letting us stay with you. Next time we won't come during such cold weather. Yikes!